Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raising Funds!!!!

+2
Admin
BB1
6 posters

Go down

Raising Funds!!!! Empty Raising Funds!!!!

Post by BB1 Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:41 am

I was thinking, I know there are alot of rescues that use this site, struggling for funds, for vaxes, neutering and emergency kennel funds....and it says there are 1500 members reged on here.....would it not be possible for reged users all to Direct debit a £1 a week each, and distribute the monies via vouchers, like those already issued for neutuering by the ncdl, like RHU vouchers lol, but ones, that will help a broader spectrum, i.e more than pounds...that 9 times out of ten, hand the vouchers out, and they never get used.

I know it's not as easy as it sounds, but surely a fund system could be executed via moderators or the person who set the site up.

BB1
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 297
Name: : cayla
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.adoptadognortheast.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Raising Funds!!!! Empty Re: Raising Funds!!!!

Post by Admin Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:47 am

hiya cayla long time no see Smile

at the moment RHU doesnt have a specified bank account as such, we only use a paypal account, but it is something that can be organised in time i hope.
Admin
Admin
RHU Creator
RHU Creator

Female Number of posts : 10046
Name: : Kathryn
RHU Cases: : 10
Registration date : 2007-12-21

http://www.rescuehelpersunite.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Missymoo Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:14 am

Fantastic idea
Missymoo
Missymoo
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2655
Name: : Leanne McDaid
RHU Cases: : 16
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Jod Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:25 am

Paypal subscriptions might be a good idea until there is an official bank account, as long as their fees aren't too nasty! I think they are pretty easy to set up - https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_pdn_subscr_techview_outside
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2378
Name: : Jo
RHU Cases: : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-01

http://www.savethestrays.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainrescue Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:16 pm

Isn't there any way that RHU itself could become a charity in its own right - with the whole intention of helping other rescues as its objective.

Then it can donate that money back out - as other trusts do.

I think there is a lot to be said about this idea - and its one that if it was to be a charity - something that could be used as fantastic advertising method - spreading it out on to newspapers - radio or tv programs - giving the general public a way to donate to a central source.

Any accountants on here or ex charity members that could advise. I know the methods and whys and where for's cos we are a Charity
Company Limited by Guarantee - that gave our Trustees the comfort that they wouldn't be sued for anything if things went wrong somehow. I think its total overkill and the accounts and end of year stuff is a nightmare. So i would think that a normal charity should be fine.

Could someone talk to the Charity Commission about it?

We bank with CAF - they are really good - and no fees
Rainrescue
Rainrescue
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 334
Name: : Jacquie
Registration date : 2008-10-27

http://www.rainrescue.co.uk/sheffield.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Jod Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:55 am

As far as I know you have to be taking in £5000 a year to be able to apply to become a charity, and I would think RHU is quite far off that at the moment. I assume admin/mods will be considering this for the future though, it would be great for RHU to get to that point one day.
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2378
Name: : Jo
RHU Cases: : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-01

http://www.savethestrays.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyb Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:22 am

Can we not have a 'buy a dog a day' like RDR do?? You basically donate £ to dog of your choice to pay for kennel for day. They also do buy a brick & auctions.
Not everyone is in position to donate vast funds but maybe if the money was paid direct to kennels they would see that efforts were being made to pay the fees & if people have specific dogs they want to help or specific kennels they could do.
Where possible rescues do need to take the dogs, at the minute though we are in the situation that there's more coming in than are going out. Noone wants to see a dog destroyed but realistically we cannot save them all, a 'biter' takes the same space as a 'non biter' regardless of of breed or age. Unless some one wins the lottery or we have some large donation or benefactors some one has to play devil's advocate. Sad result of the sick money grabbing society we live in.

tracyb
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1204
Name: : Tracy Bonner
RHU Cases: : 69
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by BB1 Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:31 am

Admin wrote:hiya cayla long time no see Smile

at the moment RHU doesnt have a specified bank account as such, we only use a paypal account, but it is something that can be organised in time i hope.

Hello ........ wave

Im still getting the hang of this rather huge site lol!

BB1
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 297
Name: : cayla
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.adoptadognortheast.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down