Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RHU Case Points - What counts?

4 posters

Go down

RHU Case Points - What counts? Empty RHU Case Points - What counts?

Post by Helper and Seeker Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:09 pm

Hello Admin and Membership,

What is a RHU Case Point and why should we care about them and what counts to earning one and what does'nt?

Well basically it only counts if in response to a thread on the forum.

So if I was to pm a memebr in the area I want a homecheck in say Nottingham and they say yes Debbie I can do that for you. I think fantastic, thank goodness for RHU and it's membership.

The problem is that memebr in Nottingham who kindly offered to do my homecheck cannot claim a RHU case point for it affraid

And I think that is really stinky scratch As that homecheck would never of been able to be done unless RHU and it's membership existed.

So instead i have to put a thread up on the forum although I know which member i want to ask to do this then poor Mods come along and say I will see who there is too PM. They PM all the memebrs in the Notts area they all then think oooh a home check can I possibly help with it amongst all the other stuff I have to do each day. 5 say they cant but 4 say they can. One of the 4 that says they can is that same dear prescious and kind member in Nots which I wanted to PM or phone directly and ask.

What a pa-lava.

I am asking Katherine to allow these cases to count as they do count they are what this forum was created for getting things done.

By saying these cases do not count for RHU case points is also saying they do not count and are not required as are make beleive.

Every single case helped whether via a thread a phone call a pm or an email is a case that would not of been sorted unless RHU existed to network us all together in the first place.

We need a TRUE count of the amount of, not individual cases but anything to do with each case from each leg of the transport run to fostering to anything is done.

Each and every case I have done is because of RHU and I would of not have done ANY of them if I had not been a member of RHU - so yes they should lemony snickett count helprescues

Debbie x
Helper and Seeker
Helper and Seeker
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 550
Name: : Debbie
RHU Cases: : 24
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://www.freewebs.com/newforestanimalrescue/index.htm

Back to top Go down

RHU Case Points - What counts? Empty Re: RHU Case Points - What counts?

Post by Jod Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:29 pm

I agree it would be better if they were counted. It's nice to think of RHU working not only on a forum thread reply based system, but also as a network for Rescues and volunteers to contact each other.

Plus if it was through a PM on RHU then it has still been organised via RHU, so still an RHU accomplishment as I see it.

Is the reasoning for not including it because mods/admin think people might abuse the system in future? Or more admin work involved in checking up and confirming with members that this member PM'd that member etc.?
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2378
Name: : Jo
RHU Cases: : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-01

http://www.savethestrays.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:02 am

https://rescuehelpersunite.forumotion.com/forum-announcements-f3/rhu-cases-t11000.htm?highlight=cases

why should we care about them and what counts to earning one and what does'nt?

Well basically it only counts if in response to a thread on the forum.

You've answered your own question Wink

So instead i have to put a thread up on the forum although I know which member i want to ask to do this then poor Mods come along and say I will see who there is too PM. They PM all the memebrs in the Notts area they all then think oooh a home check can I possibly help with it amongst all the other stuff I have to do each day. 5 say they cant but 4 say they can. One of the 4 that says they can is that same dear prescious and kind member in Nots which I wanted to PM or phone directly and ask.

Honestly, we dont mind, and in doing this it also brings members to the forum who may otherwise not bother and they may able to help with another request needed Very Happy

I am asking Katherine to allow these cases to count as they do count they are what this forum was created for getting things done.

If you look on the main page, RHU Successful Cases, in bold. This amount is always higher than the actual ones myself and Sal place in the success cases finished threads. This is because over the 1st year we have judged as careful as possible what has been completed successfully by RHU members whether posted on the forum or not.

Every single case helped whether via a thread a phone call a pm or an email is a case that would not of been sorted unless RHU existed to network us all together in the first place.

I totally agree but this would be very hard to put in place.

We need a TRUE count of the amount of, not individual cases but anything to do with each case from each leg of the transport run to fostering to anything is done.

On the main page, in bold, this is the most accurate account we will ever have Smile

Each and every case I have done is because of RHU and I would of not have done ANY of them if I had not been a member of RHU

star Debbie 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Helper and Seeker Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:54 am

I can't do the break up a quote thingy but in response to :-

I said

you replied

I totally agree but this would be very hard to put in place.

But it would not be hard to put in place I hardly think people would be so silly as to say they did a home check they did not do as it never existed. I know some would but on the whole 99% would be honest. And you get to know the people who genuingly do them and those that don't.

You and Sal may not mind doing things which could be avoided but many of us members do not want to or truthfully have not the time to answer posts or start new topics for things which we can sort via networking via phones and emails etc.

Whe some one calls me and asks me to do a home check for them and I only know that individual thanks to RHU then I will claim a case point as above all I want that homecheck to count towards the total of cases that the RHU has helped make happen.

The fact that so and so found it quicker to call me knowing for sure I would do the home check for them and if not able would find someone else who could should be beside the point.

1524 cases achieved in 56 weeks that works out at about 27 cases or opportunities to help and I know for a fact that RHU acchieves a whole lot more than a measly 27 cases a week.

One transport run can have say 7 different people helping with any one aspect and each aspect is a complete achievement in its own right. I know techinically it is just one case but each part from each of the pick up points to the next is completed by a different member and often their supportive family to boot, so each member deserves a RHU case point to reflect it.

Also RHU case points are like the Feedback we get on Ebay. You get to see at a glance which members are those that will help and do help.

I want to see members with 100 plus RHU case points as that to me is the true reflection of the RHU's success.

It is such a great idea and shows that our membership is very active as we all are. Rather than saying we have 3000 members but only a handful actually do anything and it is always the same old people each and every time who help.

The true reflection would be the average number of RHU case points per member is .....

What a fab thing to see that on average each member of the RHU has completed 8 cases say - that would be wow!!!

Whether it be fostering, home checking, donating funds, donating blankets or food or time by putting up posters helping with admin etc It would be wow!!!

Debbie x
Helper and Seeker
Helper and Seeker
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:32 pm

Whe some one calls me and asks me to do a home check for them and I only know that individual thanks to RHU then I will claim a case point as above all I want that homecheck to count towards the total of cases that the RHU has helped make happen.

Like ive said, cases can only count if they have been posted on the forum. This has always been the case Smile

One transport run can have say 7 different people helping with any one aspect and each aspect is a complete achievement in its own right. I know techinically it is just one case but each part from each of the pick up points to the next is completed by a different member and often their supportive family to boot, so each member deserves a RHU case point to reflect it.

This has always been the case and does show in their profile. We cant put 7 successful cases for one run on the main page, now that wouldnt be a true account Very Happy

It is such a great idea and shows that our membership is very active as we all are. Rather than saying we have 3000 members but only a handful actually do anything and it is always the same old people each and every time who help.

Unfortunately not all members are logging on, thats fact.

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrshiregal Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:39 pm

I think for me the concern would be if its not on the board and open to anyone performing the homecheck then whats to stop me phoning jo bloggs, bestest buddy and saying will you homecheck for me and they then pass me. is it a genuine homecheck i would rather a stranger (rhu member) homecheck me and it not be open to any question by anyone. Not sure of that makes sense?!! zip
ayrshiregal
ayrshiregal
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 2606
Name: : Mandy
RHU Cases: : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:44 pm

It makes total sense Mandy Smile

As ive said before, at least the threads are monitored Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by jennybloggs Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:46 pm

yess makes plenty of sense.. and my sister Jo isnt on RHU yet Wink
jennybloggs
jennybloggs
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2150
Name: : Carol
RHU Cases: : 40
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:53 pm

lol! Carol......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:08 pm

hello Debbie,

I totally see where you're coming from, and you're absolutely right. Every member who does any tiny thing to assist in not only helping to make each case successful but also to keep the forum and it's community going deserves a big pat on the back. However, Julie's right in that it would be so difficult to put into place and monitor. I mean, where do you draw the line at what is and what isn't assisting for a start, and what about all the cases where more than one person volunteers but then they back out... and is it fair that everyone who volunteers gets a case point, the same number as that one person maybe who actually physically has to go and do that homecheck, for instance? It wouldn't even be fair to give that person 'extra' points because that isn't a true reflection of how many cases that have been helped via RHU.

It would also be incredibly time-consuming to do too. Since becoming a helper on here myself I've seen how much extra work there is to do around here that I never realised existed, and I think it would be a struggle to do, unless there could be a dedicated mod to be able to action all these case points... that kind of defeats what we're here for. The majority of time spent on here is dedicated to co-ordinating help for the animals, so that would distract from that to an extent.

On saying that, every little thing that members do to help out is so important, and we always try to do everything possible to make members feel valued... and I think the majority of people do! One thing that I personally love about this place is the effort members go to make each other feel appreciated - you can very often see this in 'Messages to Members' threads, and on individual threads themselves asking for help. Smile Whenever someone offers to help, makes a suggestion or passes details along in some way they always get a thank you (and very often a clap or a star ) Razz Even when they simply acknowledge a request for help by replying to say they can't help it's appreciated and you know what? Members on here truly are wonderful at showing their appreciation!! 4

Helper and Seeker wrote: You and Sal may not mind doing things which could be avoided but many of us members do not want to or truthfully have not the time to answer posts or start new topics for things which we can sort via networking via phones and emails etc.
You are absolutely right in pointing out that there are times when co-ordinating in this way would be quicker BUT for the safety and protection of both the animals and RHU members it's important that any cases that are aided by the forum in any way are formally acknowledged on here. The importance of this has been demonstrated before, for example, when members have been able to contact each other urgently during transport runs because there's normally someone manning the forum who can look to see who's supposed to be where and when (I may have had to do this before! zip lol! ), when members have been able to share pertinent information in order to safeguard the welfare of the animals, to enable the whereabouts of animals to be tracked... and a whole host of other reasons. I don't think anyone here who gives up their time to help PM members and help organise runs would really mind if it meant the protection (as much as possible) of everyone involved. Smile star Wink

Anyway, hope this helps. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:37 pm

I personaly prefer that requests are posted on the forum - and am truly grateful that Julie, Sal and helpers PM members. I just wouldn't have the time to phone everyone in the database - and if there's someone who I know would do it, would that be fair? Shouldn't everyone in the database be given the oppurtunity to help, as that's what we are all here for. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jod Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:35 pm

After reading everyones posts and the other thread Julie linked it definitely is clearer why it's better the way it is now. Aside from the case points it's a safety issue I think, and that has to be the main priority. If RHU encouraged people to request runs by PM, email, phone etc., what happens if some nutter joins and exploits it?

It would be nice if some sort of system could be considered in future to allow Rescues to contact members directly, but as RHU works now it does sound like it wouldn't work properly.
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2378
Name: : Jo
RHU Cases: : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-01

http://www.savethestrays.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Helper and Seeker Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:47 pm

I understand where peeps are coming from as they me I guess its a no win situation.

Vikky I know what is it to be a mod and all I can say is if they think they are busy now they aint seen nothing yet as this site is really quiet to how it is going to be if all goes well Wink

Claire I guess I am thinking of our members as being more honest although I know some are not as met that already, so yeah your right.

Maybe get rid of the case points altogether for members and the mods can still do the tally of cases on the front page as they archive them.

Debbie x
Helper and Seeker
Helper and Seeker
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:49 pm

Debbie, I hope you're right because it'd be really fantastic to see this site grow to be even more successful! Very Happy

As for the case points, some members do like them, and they are optional of course. thumb

Back to top Go down

Post by Helper and Seeker Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:50 pm

vickylizzy wrote:Debbie, I hope you're right because it'd be really fantastic to see this site grow to be even more successful! Very Happy

As for the case points, some members do like them, and they are optional of course. thumb

I will remind you of this when you rushed off your feet and been modding the forum from 5pm till gone 3am hee hee

and yes it will grow xx
Helper and Seeker
Helper and Seeker
Addicted
Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:52 pm

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down