Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long winded sorry

2 posters

Go down

Long winded sorry Empty Long winded sorry

Post by Maximus Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:59 am

I know with these phpbb boards that there are group settings I was thinking perhaps to save some time for people having to pm everyone about urgent cases that there maybe a way of adding each area network to a group so that when a case comes in a member can send out a group pm and everyone in that area will be made aware to whats going on.

Just an Idea

Max
Maximus
Maximus
Regular
Regular

Male Number of posts : 50
Name: : Max
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Long winded sorry Empty Re: Long winded sorry

Post by Jod Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:21 am

This is a good idea and something I have thought about previously myself.

The only issue would be that sometimes an animal needs a foster with no kids, no pets etc. or a transport run has to be done on a certain day for example, and people will add in to their database posts whether they are available on certain days, whether they have kids etc., so if it's done manually then these things can all be checked.

If it was done the other way, a lot of people would get PM's that weren't relevant to them, but it would certainly save lots of hours in PM'ing time!

Definitely something to think about, good suggestion clap
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2378
Name: : Jo
RHU Cases: : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-01

http://www.savethestrays.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:44 pm

it is a good idea, i'm not sure whether it can be physically done on a forum or not :S and there is a lot to think about with it.

also county's are very large, i am the very last city in Devon before cornwall and i would get the emails for north devon which is hours away, and perhaps not cornwall which might well be a nip over the bridge for me! lookig at the postcodes provided is allowing mods to pick the closest people for the 'job'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:15 pm

Yeah the process would be pretty long winded with regards to working out each area, I guess in the case of fostering there could also be a problem. However I don't think people would mind receiving pm's even if they didn't fully match the criteria at least I don't think I would.

There is a way of doing it through the board but it would take a long time and the more the board grows the longer it would take.

The way it is at the moment is fine I just get worried sometimes that I may miss something where I could help, due too a busy lifestyle or to thread titles not being clear enough. I'm thinking more about the people who spend the time looking through the databases to find the rite people really as it must be tiresome work

Max
Maximus
Maximus
Regular
Regular

Male Number of posts : 50
Name: : Max
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:49 pm

my OH has a map thingy on his site, its a google members map, each member puts a pin on where they live and you can zoom in and out on the locations, not sure if you can get the mod for this forum but it may come in handy if you could!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down