Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RHU Emergency fund - monthly subscription

+18
wendy1946
Admin
echobeach2008
TheMother
jennie71
mole
jaycee
cracker
blueribbonuk
becks1983
eilrex
cassie50
Rainrescue
levismum
dellab
Missymoo
yappy
Jod
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RHU Emergency fund - monthly subscription Empty RHU Emergency fund - monthly subscription

Post by Jod Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:08 am

Just a thought, I was wondering if anyone thinks it would be a good idea to set up a Paypal monthly subscription button so that members can automatically pay say £2 a month in to the pot which can then be used to help dogs in the emergency sections as and when needed?

I know there is the Paypal button on the website but a small monthly payment might get more interest and would give us as a group more opportunities to help with funds for emergencies like some of the other forums have been doing in the urgent threads.

Opinions? Pro's/con's?
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2378
Name: : Jo
RHU Cases: : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-01

http://www.savethestrays.co.uk

Back to top Go down

RHU Emergency fund - monthly subscription Empty Re: RHU Emergency fund - monthly subscription

Post by yappy Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:25 pm

I'd be happy to do a monthly donation but would prefer to do it by direct debit - paypal fees are stoopid and if left to me am I likely to forget unless someone gives me a nudge around pay day each month to remind me Embarassed

yappy
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 239
Name: : Sarah
RHU Cases: : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

RHU Emergency fund - monthly subscription Empty Re: RHU Emergency fund - monthly subscription

Post by Missymoo Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:31 pm

I would do this monthly no problem gdpost thumb
Missymoo
Missymoo
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2655
Name: : Leanne McDaid
RHU Cases: : 16
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by dellab Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:46 am

I have no problem in making a monthly donation but again by DD happy
dellab
dellab

Female Number of posts : 42
Name: : Della
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by levismum Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:58 am

I think thats a great idea.
levismum
levismum
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 583
Name: : lynda
RHU Cases: : 9
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainrescue Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:31 pm

If you use Charity Choice for making donations - especially if a charity could be used to collect the donations - then if people work and pay tax - then gift aid can be claimed also which gives an extra £28 per £100.

I think this is a great idea - and could be emailed out to every member on the forum to see what they think

Maybe a kennel could be secured at 1 or 2 kennels - agreed before hand say like plantation in york and then and then between us - keep on trying to find a rescue place for which ever dog is under the care of RHU
Rainrescue
Rainrescue
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 334
Name: : Jacquie
Registration date : 2008-10-27

http://www.rainrescue.co.uk/sheffield.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by levismum Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Not many responses to this!! Are you going to do it, after all every little helps.
levismum
levismum
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 583
Name: : lynda
RHU Cases: : 9
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by cassie50 Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:40 pm

i would be interested in this if it goes ahead think its a brilliant idea clap

cassie50

Female Number of posts : 39
Name: : lorraine
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by eilrex Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:18 pm

Me too.

Eileen
eilrex
eilrex
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 306
Name: : Eileen
RHU Cases: : 36
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by becks1983 Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:30 pm

I would certainly do it and i would also prefer DD Smile
becks1983
becks1983
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 769
Name: : Becky
RHU Cases: : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-08

http://swreptilerescue.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=login

Back to top Go down

Post by blueribbonuk Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:40 pm

yep me to i would gladly donate to this
blueribbonuk
blueribbonuk
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 3236
Name: : tracey
RHU Cases: : 6
Registration date : 2007-12-22

http://www.homes4dogs.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by cracker Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:42 pm

could we not have a loto type thing where we pay D/D each month then there is one winner who gets a set amount and the rest into a pot for emergency kennels or something , i already donate to other rescues this way thumb
cracker
cracker
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 3716
Name: : Kim
Registration date : 2008-02-04

http://www.freewebs.com/newforestanimalrescue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:47 pm

I would definitely subscribe to the RHU funds, a couple of pounds doesnt go a miss.

I have no contol of being able to assist with this, will pm Kathryn to see where we can go from here crossed

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycee Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:37 pm

I'm willing.....but also by DD. Don't like greedy paypal!
jaycee
jaycee
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 219
Name: : Jenny Clark
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:10 pm

I'd be happy to contribute too

Back to top Go down

Post by Jod Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:00 am

Great stuff, I'm glad this is getting more responses! I hope we can get something set up.
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by mole Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:29 am

Only just seen this....I would also be happy to do this by DD. Very Happy

mole
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 719
Name: : Kathy
RHU Cases: : 37
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jennie71 Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:06 am

I just saw this too, and i'd be happy to donate either by PayPal or DD clap I like the lotto idea suggested by cracker, too!
jennie71
jennie71
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 1854
Name: : Jennifer
RHU Cases: : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMother Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:58 pm

cracker wrote:could we not have a loto type thing where we pay D/D each month then there is one winner who gets a set amount and the rest into a pot for emergency kennels or something , i already donate to other rescues this way thumb

This is a good suggestion, keeps people interested and raises money thumb I'd be up for it Smile
TheMother
TheMother
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1081
Name: : Tricia
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jod Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:02 am

clap crossed
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by echobeach2008 Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:57 am

TheMother wrote:
cracker wrote:could we not have a loto type thing where we pay D/D each month then there is one winner who gets a set amount and the rest into a pot for emergency kennels or something , i already donate to other rescues this way thumb

This is a good suggestion, keeps people interested and raises money thumb I'd be up for it Smile
yes i think thats better bacause it has to go to transport and other cases etc

echobeach2008
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 1857
Name: : Not given
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu May 07, 2009 9:11 am

i think its a great idea, however setting up a bank account can sometimes be hard to have it in a groups name instead of a personal name is alot more complicated we r not a business, and therefore cannot afford to pay for a business account. a charity account requires you to be a registered charity which we arent Crying or Very sad and the only other is volunteer/group account which is possible however requires more than 1 signature to access money even for just a £1 which in itself wouldnt be ideal.
Admin
Admin
RHU Creator
RHU Creator

Female Number of posts : 10046
Name: : Kathryn
RHU Cases: : 10
Registration date : 2007-12-21

http://www.rescuehelpersunite.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mole Thu May 07, 2009 11:34 am

RDR do the lotto thing.....don't know whether they're a registered charity or not...might be able to give you some pointers Very Happy

mole
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 719
Name: : Kathy
RHU Cases: : 37
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Jod Fri May 08, 2009 4:55 am

Hmm this is a pickle...

So could we at least get the Paypal account going for monthly subscriptions just for the time being? (I can sort out the code for the subscription button if needed, it's quite simple to set up)

I know quite a few people would prefer to pay by Direct Debit. Would it be insensible for us to perhaps appoint a fundraising co-ordinator (or whatever) or admin/mods who could collect offline donations (cash or cheques/direct debit to their personal account) and then add the money to the Paypal account after it is cashed? Obviously that requires a lot of trust and we would have to keep proper records to be safe.

As far as I can see, if RHU is going to keep growing in to a major national volunteer resource, one day it will either need to be registered as a Charity/non-profit org or alternatively as a business (but obviously that would bring tax issues), so I'm just curious as to whether this is something that is likely to happen soon or is the feeling that it will be kept on a smaller scale for the forseeable future?

And in the case of the latter, the alternative for now might be for all the people wanting to donate to do a monthly subscription direct to one of the charities/organisations already set up for this sort of thing. But then who to send it to? There are so many doing great work and it would be very cool if there was some way to help them all in their times of need.

Sorry to keep pushing these ideas, I know with Kathryn being unavailable a lot it is difficult to come to any major decisions on RHU's growth or changes, understandably so.

If nothing can be done feel free to tell me to go away and shut up Very Happy
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 08, 2009 4:57 am

All ideas are listened to Jo and I'm sure Kathryn will see your suggestion very soon Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next