Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rescue Helpers Unite
Welcome Back to RHU, Please Login to view your private messages and Dont forget to check out the URGENT section.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED PLEASE DO SO, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS,

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL PLEASE EMAIL: admin@rescuehelpersunite.co.uk where a staff member will try to help.

see you on the board

Thanks.
Rescue Helpers Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PM's how to block ...

+4
Littlelab
Admin
Jacobean
empagan
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PM's how to block ... - Page 2 Empty Re: PM's how to block ...

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:06 pm

Yep, it still works hun. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by empagan Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:42 pm

Vickylizzy, if the 'teddies out of prams' comment was aimed at me, then sorry but all I did was ask how to stop pms from people I have no dealings with. I will admit I did not think about someone pm'ing to request help. But yes I do find it irritating to get garbled pms from people about stuff I know nowt about!! I might not post hundreds of messages but I do come and read. I do not generally reply unless I have something that I can either help with, or advise on, or if I need to request help. I avoid replying on threads that are nothing more than blazing rows, because I am not involved and prefer to keep out of it. If you consider that is chucking my teddy, well feel free to borrow my teenagers anytime Wink thye have teddy throwing down to a fine art Very Happy

If the comment was not aimed at me then I apologise for being paranoid and ask your forgiveness for being stoopid (me stoopid that is!!)
empagan
empagan
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 352
Name: : Emma Churchill
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:21 pm

empagan wrote:Vickylizzy, if the 'teddies out of prams' comment was aimed at me, then sorry but all I did was ask how to stop pms from people I have no dealings with. I will admit I did not think about someone pm'ing to request help. But yes I do find it irritating to get garbled pms from people about stuff I know nowt about!! I might not post hundreds of messages but I do come and read. I do not generally reply unless I have something that I can either help with, or advise on, or if I need to request help. I avoid replying on threads that are nothing more than blazing rows, because I am not involved and prefer to keep out of it. If you consider that is chucking my teddy, well feel free to borrow my teenagers anytime Wink thye have teddy throwing down to a fine art Very Happy

If the comment was not aimed at me then I apologise for being paranoid and ask your forgiveness for being stoopid (me stoopid that is!!)

No, it wasn't aimed at you at all. Asking how to go about stopping PMs was a sensible response hun. Totally fair enough, I can understand that the messages can be annoying and you were taking steps to find out how you could prevent this in the future. I am so so sorry I've upset you as this was the last thing I wanted to do hug

It was aimed at some of the people who responded immediately by starting half a dozen threads complaining about the site, how it's run and generally starting a good old bitch fest. (Some of them had only posted here once or twice, but seemed to be deliberately trying to start a fight Crying or Very sad) I think that was totally uncalled for IMO.

However, I was annoyed that pressure from those people resulted in rescues and volunteers who need to be able to PM each other to save animals (which is what we're here for) were denied the chance to do so, thus putting the lives of animals in jeopardy.

Now, I had kept out of it today until I was in the middle of correspondence with a number of rescues via PM to be told we weren't allowed to do so anymore. I think when it actually starts affecting the work rescues do then enough really is enough, hence the rant.

Again, I'm really sorry for offending you personally as it genuinely wasn't my intention! hug

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:26 pm

P.s. there's no need to apologise Emma. Wink hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by empagan Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:03 pm

No offence taken, have the hide of a rhinoceros generally (as well as the behind of one Laughing ) I just wanted to explain Smile hug Lets hope this site can get back to being the fantastic place it has been, where we are all pulling in the same direction once more Smile
empagan
empagan
Addicted
Addicted

Female Number of posts : 352
Name: : Emma Churchill
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ShellNPride Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:46 pm

im in the middle of sorting a transport run with some greenies so im not sure how to check it will be going ahead still without putting personal details on the main forum

ShellNPride
RHU Moderator
RHU Moderator

Female Number of posts : 1015
Name: : Kerry Hughes
RHU Cases: : 3
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jod Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:48 pm

In your profile if you go to 'Preferences' you will see the first thing on the list 'Allow members to contact me by email :'

If you set that to 'By a website form' then members can send you an email using a form on this site but they will not see your email address.

Hope that helps thumb
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2378
Name: : Jo
RHU Cases: : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-01

http://www.savethestrays.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:03 pm

I think it's really silly to do anything with the PM system itself - is this not a public forum? I am really sorry & sad to say that this place is becoming VERY similar to a certain other rescue forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jod Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:16 pm

vickylizzy wrote:If you have a problem with PMs then go to your Profile (link at the top of the page) set it so that you don't get alerts and if you do happen to get something that doesn't concern you then ignore it. :S

Just wanted to add that the problem there is that then when people that don't check the site daily are being PM'd for help with a rescue, they don't know they have PM and don't know that they're needed. So unfortunately if lots of members started doing that there might be less people coming forward with offers of help.

It's a no-win situation scratch
Jod
Jod
RHU friend
RHU friend

Female Number of posts : 2378
Name: : Jo
RHU Cases: : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-01

http://www.savethestrays.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:38 pm

You're absolutely right Jo. For me though, it's really a no-brainer.

As far as I'm concerned the animals come first, and rescues and volunteers need to be able to PM to get them to safety. You had a great idea earlier, with the e-mailing instead BUT it's definitely a lot more faff that rescues just don't have time to deal with. Crying or Very sad

I'd rather roll my eyes and take no notice of a couple of PMs that don't interest me than let the animals and their rescuers suffer because of it. :tea:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:10 pm

i can still pm greenies (am i special. lol) maybe i should keep quiet then i won't have it taken away from me. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:53 pm

my only other option is to open up pms and making it a blanket rule that people cannot spam or abuse the mass pm feature unless staff do it :S

i dont want to take pms away totally as i have been on a site that did that and i lost everything Crying or Very sad

i just dont want people leaving because of it, as then thats not helping animals Crying or Very sad
Admin
Admin
RHU Creator
RHU Creator

Female Number of posts : 10046
Name: : Kathryn
RHU Cases: : 10
Registration date : 2007-12-21

http://www.rescuehelpersunite.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:59 pm

I agree, but if you open up the pms, and it has been proven, has lead to members being mass pmd without authorisation, not on one occasion but several Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:01 pm

i know but what can i do :S
Admin
Admin
RHU Creator
RHU Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:00 pm

Ok, so in the many months this site has been going now, how many times has this happened? If you're just talking about what has happened recently then I think once people have aired their views in the mini forum (which is bound to get heated) you'll need some time for changes to happen if they need to and then for everything to settle down again... eventually it *will* get back to something half resembling 'normal'. It's just going to take a little time.

It's important to find a balance between being seen to be doing something and frustrating some of the more active members who often use the PM function to co-ordinate rescues. Tricky, I know. However, ensuring the rescues and volunteers can build relationships and communicate effectively to help animals is what we're here for at the end of the day.

I hate to say this personally (I do need to be able to PM at the moment) but maybe stop them temporarily just while the guys involved thrash it out in the mini forum. At least if things do get heated people have time to calm down, reflect and hopefully let things drop by the time they are able to PM and will think better of it then.

On the other hand I understand the reasons for the previous PMs and I'd be genuinely quite shocked, given everything that's happened since, if any of those involved did send another. I think recently they were largely a result of frustration through feeling like they were unable to get their point across but surely given a chance to thrash it out openly this effect would be negated? I can also see staff having a busy time of it having to pass messages backwards and forwards so people don't have to put personal details up for all to see on the forum.

I'm afraid you seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place hun. Crying or Very sad At the end of the day though, what's more important; assuaging a few members' fears about getting a bit of spam or enabling rescues to use the site effectively?

More hugs coming your way chick! hug hug hug :S

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:08 pm

thanks vicky the mini forum really is a last resort as i do feel only then people may be happy and not involve people who dont need to be Crying or Very sad
Admin
Admin
RHU Creator
RHU Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:16 pm

To be honest Kathryn I think that's all you can do now (and you've worded it very well in the link to it too). hug It's such an emotive issue I can imagine it would be hard to just accept what's gone on and let it pass without being able to get it off your chest. It just needs to run it's course. I just feel bad for everyone involved. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:20 pm

me too and thats me being honest Crying or Very sad i cant believe its got to this stage Crying or Very sad what annoys me i guess is that it isnt anything to do with me or rhu and yet i have to then 'monitor' a mini forum for it Crying or Very sad
Admin
Admin
RHU Creator
RHU Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:07 pm

But it has everything to do with RHU. Not in the sense that it's to blame in any way, shape or form, because it isn't... BUT this forum is the link that connects those people involved.

Now something happened some time ago that resulted in distress for a number of RHU members. They needed to come together here to thrash out (discuss) what had gone on, to try to resolve issues and establish ways in which to deal with the situation. However, in the process something happened that meant these issues were never resolved, and we all know the result. Crying or Very sad

I guess part of running a successful forum is to facilitate discussions that allow members the opportunity to share their rescue experiences. Yeah, it can be a pain in the butt, and it's not always going to be pleasant, but it's essential that this is done for the good of all members (we've seen what happens when this is not in place Crying or Very sad). This is particularly important when a member has been affected by something that they became involved in via this site. Aftercare should be just as important as co-ordinating these rescue efforts in the first place; firstly because it's important that we show all members that we genuinely care about their well-being and the well-being of the animals they had contact with, secondly there may be incidences that others should be warned about, giving us the opportunity to become a much needed resource for rescues and members alike, and thirdly because it's important to establish what has happened so that action can be taken to prevent similar mistakes in the future.

You know what though hun? I'm sure by the end of this process everyone will have learned so much from it that, given time, this forum will be all the stronger for it. It sounds like there are some fabulous ideas in the pipeline (ID cards etc) that have so much potential to set new standards for ALL rescue forums. The idea behind this place wasn't to repeat what had already been done but to show what *could* be done given some smart ideas and a few dedicated people to see them through. Don't you go giving up the dream for a teeny setback like this. Look how many people are still here, rallying around to help each other to help animals. Isn't this what it's all about?

helprescues

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:43 am

totally hun i just dont want people leaving for things beyond mine and rhu's control Crying or Very sad
Admin
Admin
RHU Creator
RHU Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Trump Refusal Faces Legal Stand Off

Published on 05-12-2007 by Skyscrapernews.com
Following the rejection of Donald Trump's massive plans for a golf complex in Aberdeenshire by the local council, it now looks like he is going to get a second chance in realizing the resort.

Although securing a green light from an earlier committee, Trump's resort scheme was thrown out after concerns about the effect it would have on the local environment. It is planned for an area that has some of the best sand dunes in the whole country and this fragile environment would be highly susceptible to damage from nearby development.

There's been an outcry from some quarters about the sheer amount of investment that will be lost if Trump walks away with his £1 billion scheme to somewhere else with supporters of it citing the 1200 jobs that could be missed out on.

Indeed Trump has threatened to move the resort to somewhere else, perhaps Northern Ireland, if he fails to get an approval. During the original proposal process however Trump made much of his Scottish heritage using it as one argument as to why he wanted to build in Scotland.

With this in mind, Scotland's devolved government has decided that ministers themselves will now get to decide without a public inquiry. What makes the move surprising is that no-one has ever had such treatment from the government before - usually proposals only get passed to ministers when a public inquiry has been concluded and all other avenues exhausted.

As an amazing coincidence, one of the MSPs in the current Scottish government just happens to be the local representative of Aberdeenshire, Brian Adam, whilst SNP leader Alex Salmond comes from a neighbouring consistency that could also benefit.

Quite why Trump should get special treatment, has yet to be explained. Indeed if he does, the Scottish government could find itself bogged down in lawsuit hell as campaigners against the decision seek a judicial review by arguing Scottish ministers had made errors in their choice.

Without a public inquiry to cover ministers legally, this would be remarkably easy to argue in court.

Best HGH
breakingintothemusicindustry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum